Tuesday, September 28, 2010

IT'S MY PARTY AND ILL CRY IF I WANT TO


Location:              Library computer clusters in a completely full computer room.
                                Majority of people on facebook.
                                 The scholarly generation of today? Example A

Updates on aforementioned Starbucks addiction:
Down to two per week. And this time I’m keeping it off.

So D day finally arrived, my big 21!
Whilst it was of course terribly tragic that I couldn’t celebrate it with my family and friends (insert tear here) most people wouldn’t think having your 21st in England is a such a bad fate to befall someone. So here is the low down on what we got up to!

My nearest and dearest English buddy Miss Ria Farncombe got on a bus and got her butt down to Leeds from Newcastle just to be here for her fav Australian’s birthday – of which I am very grateful for. We took over my flat kitchen for pre drinks – with fellow Adelaideans Tom, Louise and Tori and Leeds dwellers but former Adelaide residents Fran and Jo. The girls got me the BEST little birthday presents, lots of Englishy stuff which I just love (souvenir queen right here).

Afterwards we headed out to the Walkabout to begin the evening’s frivolities! The game wasn’t scheduled to start there until 4am but at 11pm we rocked in to drink and be merry in preparation for a magpies annihilation (which of course didn’t happen but is being postponed for this weekend). Got free entry because it was my birthday (loving the birthday card!) and partied on with newcomers and fellow Aussie’s Myf and Lizzie, until they shut the place at 3pm.

From here we faced a dilemma. With an hour to kill while they reset the place for the game it appears we had only one choice. Those wonderful golden arches we call Maccas. There we were able to keep warm and be fed before we dashed back. The pre game entertainment seemed to go FOREVER….. but eventually the game started. And with the start of the game, came the beginning of the end for me.
I bugged out just before halftime, of exhaustion, general drunkenness and very sore feet. Did enjoy walking home at 7am though with the folks heading to work!

After Ria and I passed out for a while the girls took me out for the lunch to the Library. No, not the actual library cause that would be nerdy and weird – it’s a cool old English pub right down the road. Ate a burger the size of my head (so starving) and then after coffee and AMAZING chocolate brownies from Opposites we slept. Again.

That night we attended the house party of the delightful Miss Fran and Miss Jo. Their house was beautiful (made us not want to go home to our terrible student accommodation!)

So now with my birthday over, its on to the next party to plan or place to be.
Thanks everyone for all your birthday messages, its like a little piece of home and I appreciate it!

Was the draw between the Saints and Magpies majorly anti climatic?
DEFINITELY

Were the curly fries I had with my Burger at the Library perhaps the best thing to happen to me all day?
MAYBE

Will I ever want one of those reheated ‘Australian’ Hot Dogs from the Walkabout again? (who even knows what was in them…)
PROBABLY NOT!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment