Tuesday, November 27, 2012

AND THE BLOG LIVES ON!

And so we meet again. I've decided the travel inspiration in my head needs to be let loose again and as such am officially reviving this blog from the dead. Yes I'm not on my student exchange any more and yes I don't like to be reminded of those better times. But although my life goes on somewhat more boring than before, and I edge into "grown up life" where the most sought after thing is a stable job and a family dog, I still have the travel bug burrowing inside of me.

To keep you updated, since I've returned from England I've been to visit family in New Zealand and spent two weeks in Bali with a girlfriend celebrating our graduation from University and our inevitable entry in the aforementioned "grown up life". Both trips were enough to satiate my appetite, and Bali especially opened my eyes to a whole new corner of the world I hope to explore more of later on.

But with the Bali trip finishing over a year ago, the monotony of life has seeped into my body and the adventurous and passionate spirit in me has been a little squished.

So this post is to announce the blog is back on! I am looking to actively pursue my travel writing and hope to get my foot in the door with a few publications - nothing good in life is achieved by sitting on your ass. Yes I am proud of finishing my degree and getting my first job as a fresh graduate and yes it is good to have money (well the modest amount that graduates get paid anyway), but sometimes all of that seems less important in the face of a life lived without as much travelling as possible crammed into it.

So with an impending trip to New Zealand approaching with my family and my boyfriend, this is the new start of Definitely, Maybe, Probably Not, and the reignition of my drive and passion to write about the world and all its gloriousness.

Am I now more motivated than ever to make a life out of my most treasured love?
DEFINITELY

Will the journey be fraught with obstacles against the pushing tide of everyday life?
MAYBE

Will I let this discourage me as it has discouraged others before me?
PROBABLY NOT

Sez x

No comments:

Post a Comment